Force of love (Thoughts after "Whenever I say your name"-October 29, 2023- new edition December 7, 2023)

San Juan. 2023.11.03. © Eric N Alvarez


Thursday. First hours. Is October. Thoughts and some memories. Mona Lisa. Moon and sunset, ocean, eyes. Meditation. A song was very present in my mind. This song, should I admit that here?, was Sting's "Whenever I Say Your Name." Somehow, without any apparent reason, I felt motivated to think about the different ways in which love is manifested in nature. That song not only provoked me to think about the more intimate feelings of love but also about its broader expressions.


"For the record," this version of the song was performed by Sting in the 2010 concert with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra of Berlin. The arrangement of it mixes jazz, pop-rock, blues, gospel, and classical music. As conceived for this concert and with the singer Jo Lawry making the duet with Sting, this song is irrepetible and beautiful. It moved me up to provoke me to write these comments.

I believe that unfortunately, we don't have a great number of people concerned about wars, violence, climate change, poverty, famine, and the lack of adequate health services for poor populations around the world.

That’s why I have preferred to express my humble opinion instead of die because of my silence, even when I am talking about very elemental things for some of the readers of this post.

Love, solidarity, and empathy have been forgotten or left apart by numberless sectors of the human race, who are moved instead by religious and nationalist extremism, discrimination, and the protection of the egoist interests of powerful segments in different countries. We are inhabitants of a planet in constant war and violence.

From a perspective of love broader than the notions based on the relationship between individuals, we are called to cooperate and solidarize in some way with the efforts against those wrongs.

However, my awareness of these realities does not cause me to loose my memories of peace and happiness with my loved ones "whenever I say their names." It is also a blessing to be able to have contact with those friends that I often recall. Even if the sun hides their faces, I can remember and give them my deepest friendship.

Maybe that’s why this song has come to be so important to me at this stage of my life. May be I was moved by the lyrics written by Sting that appeal not only to the individual passionate love but to broader manifestations of love as a human inner force. 

Or maybe I was touched by my own notions about the great magnitude of love, either in its more basic and passionate expressions or as a force of inexplicable dimensions that, in our present reality, is necessary for individuals and for humanity to continue their journey on this planet and this universe.

Anytime I see, I think, anytime I think, I must express myself in someway... 


(Sting’s "Whenever I say your name") — Berlin. 2010.)




#sting#jolawry#wheneverisayyourname#meditation#energies#memories#love#dimensionsoflove

@ericnalvarez

@quantumdelacuneta

@eralvz

Comentarios

Entradas populares